Applications for 2016 30 Under 30 Now Open
The NSCAA is now accepting applications for the fourth annual NSCAA 30 Under 30 class, May 13-27, 2016.
The NSCAA is looking for a special group of young coaches who want to lead the way in developing soccer players and enhancing the game.
Launched in 2013, the NSCAA 30 Under 30 program is a year-long education and mentorship opportunity for a select few up-and-comers who have made soccer coaching their career of choice. This program was created to support fledgling coaches and foster their growth at a crucial point in their vocation.
Thirty selected coaches younger than 30 years old will receive:
• A travel stipend of $300 to attend the aforementioned NSCAA educational opportunities
• Recognition on NSCAA.com and at the 2017 Convention
• Access to a mentor dedicated to helping you grow as a coach
Additional benefits include:
- Exposure on NSCAA.com
- Special events such as a 30 Under 30 social at the 2017 NSCAA Convention in Los Angeles
- Participation in Google+ Hangouts with fellow 30 Under 30 coaches and mentors
- Excellent networking opportunities
In order to be considered, candidates must:
• Be a current (non-introductory) NSCAA member
• Have a minimum of two years of coaching experience (full or part-time basis)
• Be under the age of 30 yrs old (Members who have recently turned 30yrs old, may still be considered)
During the course of the 30 Under 30 program, candidates must:
• Participate in at least one (1) conference calls hosted by the NSCAA
• Contribute at least two (2) educational or training article for use by the NSCAA and its sponsors
• Write a final review that provides recommendations for the future of the program
• Attend the NSCAA Convention and an advanced NSCAA Coaching Academy course in the selected year (paid for by the scholarship)
• Participate in informational focus groups at the Convention and/or Summer Symposium
• Be prepared to contribute additional coaching content for further exposure within the NSCAA
1. Make sure your NSCAA Membership is current (introductory members will need to upgrade to a full membership).
- If you have never been a member join here
- If you have been a member in the past, but aren't currently, renew here
- If you are an introductory member, upgrade to a full membership by clicking renew here
- If you are unsure, login to myNSCAA with your membership number.
- If you don't have your membership ID number, contact the National Office at 816-471-1941 or email@example.com
2. Have two soccer-specific references prepared.
3. Be prepared to share why you feel you should be selected for the program.